This is my review of the Super 8 in North Hollywood on Laurel Canyon Blvd.
The man at the front desk allowed me to check-in at 130pm despite a 3pm check-in time, which was cool. However, he asked me a MILLION questions that were none of his business. What brings you here, what kind of work are you in, etc. None of your damn business. Of course I was polite but I really don’t want to be grilled by the front desk. Also, he questioned my debit card, meanwhile I had just used it at another Super 8 a mere two nights before.
I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door. A nice, clean, spacious room. I loved that there are like, padded faux wood floors instead of disgusting carpet, like the previous Super 8 in Alhambra.
I liked that there were 4 pillows for the king sized bed.
- Shower head needs to be cleaned, greenish and moldy
- Coffeemaker is in the bathroom for some reason, and really needs to be rinsed out
- Shampoo & soap, no conditioner, no lotion
- Enough towels, a little rough, but clean
- REALLY dusty on the top of the headboard. Gross! Housekeeping needs to wipe!
At 5:40am I was abruptly and frighteningly awoken by a loud fire alarm. it was just one LOUD ALARM. It didn’t continue, but it was enough to wake me up out of sleep and dreams, scare the living daylights out of me, and my heart was racing, hands shaking for a good 10-15 minutes afterwards. And of course, I couldn’t go back to sleep.